Stop underestimating the climate change!
The planet is warming, from est to west, and from North Pole to South Pole, and everywhere in between. Because of the repetitive failures of the ecological protocols, such Kyoto, and governments, to find solutions to decrease the emissions of the Greenhouses gases, and alternatives energies to fossil fuels, that’s why the world will know a dangerous climate change, and the temperatures will probably rise by as much as +6°C in 2100.
According to a several, pessimists, studies by the accountancy giant PricewaterhouseCoopers ( PwC ) the scientists believe that the climate change will be unpredictable in the next decanis. And some other studies show that the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere reached a new record, 390.9 parts per million (ppb) in 2011, and levels of other gases have also climbed to record levels. Methane, for example hits 1813 ppb, and nitrous oxide rose to 324.2 ppb.
The CO2, that remains in the atmosphere takes centuries to dissipate, which is why the temperature continue to climb. As a result of all the extra CO2 pumped into the air, worldwide average temperatures have already risen by 2°C.
The signs of climate change are appearing all over the world, and some of them are very surprising. For example, the frequents storms and hurricanes in the world are due to the climate change, according to some American studies there is a correlation proven between storm surges and tropical storms.
Climate change have a lot of impacts on humans, environment, and animals, like :
- Ice is melting worldwide,
- The number Adélie penguins on Anartica have fallen from 32,000 b to 11,000 in 30 years.
- Sea level is rising faster.
- Some butterflies, foxes, and alpine plants have moved farther north or to higher, cooler areas.
- The average of precipitation of rain and snowfall has increased across the globe.
The scientists expect the worst in the end of this century if global warming continues such as :
- Sea levels are expected to rise 18 and 59 centimeters because of the melting at the two poles
- Hurricanes and other storms are likely to become stronger.
- Species that depend on one another may become out of sync. For example, plants could bloom earlier than their pollinating insects become active.
- Floods and droughts
- Less fresh water will be available.
- Some diseases will spread
- A huge change in the eco system.
Finally, I think climate change is a global problem that requires real solutions, that’s why the governments and the industries should be responsible by doing a serious efforts to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases, and to act as eco friendly.